Improving the Quality of Life for Those in Our Care
The Health Concepts Palliative Care Program offers specialized, person-centered medical care for people with serious or chronic diagnoses, such as cancer, heart failure, emphysema, kidney failure, stroke, and Alzheimer’s disease. Focused on relieving symptoms, pain and suffering, our compassionate Palliative Care team provides an extra layer of care and comfort. Under physician supervision, specially trained palliative care nurses, social workers and spiritual care coordinators create a team approach to address the individual needs of each patient, resident, and family member.
What does Palliative Include?
- Expert treatment of pain and symptoms
- Explanation of disease and treatment options
- Close communication and compassionate care
- Guidance with difficult treatment choices
- Detailed, practical information and assistance with difficult decisions, including Advance Directives
- Emotional and spiritual support for residents, patients and family members
- Spiritual counseling for residents and patients of all faiths and cultures
- Holistic and alternative therapies to ease discomfort, relieve anxiety and promote rest
Unlike hospice care, which is meant specifically for those in the final stages of life, palliative care is appropriate for any stage of illness, even if aggressive, restorative treatment is being sought.